Series: Charley Chase
Director: James Parrott
Producer: Hal Roach
Titles: H.M. Walker
Stars: Charley Chase, Beth Darlington, Earl Mohan
Company: Pathé Exchange
Released: 23 March 1924
Length: 1 reel
Production No.: D-44
Filming dates: November 20-22, 1923
It's the morning of Jimmy Jump's wedding but he has forgotten to set his alarm. He telephones his bride who is waiting at the church with the guests impatiently for her groom to arrive. A cab driver goes to wake Jimmy up and get him to the church. Jimmy gets dressed and leaves his room and is driven to the reception, only to discover he has forgotten to put his shoes on.
And that's basically it!
• Copyrighted March 20, 1924.
• May have originated as production number C-138.
• Only 3 minutes of the film exists on DVD.
• A small sign above Jimmy's lightswitch reads "Turn Out Lights Before Leaving Room".
• The number of the cab is 60.
• From the small amount of footage available it is intriguing to think where this storyline could have gone.
Emmy, the bride
Denny, cab driver
|INTERTITLES (click image to enlarge)|
Smile When The Raindrops Fall by Brian Anthony & Andy Edmonds (book)
Jesse Brisson (identification of Jack Ackroyd and Chris Lynton)
This page was last updated on: 27 April 2021